Posted by Laura Hagen, HWFC Member-Owner
Here are today’s Grassroots-Grows-Capacity Action Steps:
- The next HWFC board meeting is tomorrow night, Tuesday, January 19, 2016 at 6PM. It will be held in the Community Room of the Honest Weight Food Co-op, 100 Watervliet Ave., Albany, NY and begin promptly at 6:00 pm. Here is the meeting agenda.
It is vitally important that you attend! Don’t leave it to someone else; you need to be there and follow issues you are interested or involved in. Our co-op will only continue to stay strong & resilient if a large percentage of the 620 working, voting members and 65 shareholders who attended our historic emergency Special Membership Meeting on November 30th stay involved!
If you voted for any of our three new board members on November 30th, they need your support; showing up to board meetings is critical to that support.
The entire board can only function smoothly and well if it has the backing and support and involvement of membership: our co-op functions as a participatory democracy, which means YOU have to be there. So, please participate, your involvement is important to our future!
2. Spring Upcoming Board Meetings, save the dates:
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016
- Tuesday, February 2, 2016
- Tuesday, February 16, 2016
- Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- Tuesday, April 5, 2016
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016
- Tuesday, June 7, 2016
3. Member-owner Ellen Falls has provided a URL to check up on upcoming meeting dates at HWFC here.
You can also post the URL into your own browser here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-L8WC4-T6qzxcF3pL3WH6yzMkn01fyM-kDdYlHMwbWE/edit?usp=docslist_api
Ellen says: “Please do get involved to the extent you are able. Volunteering for the smallest of tasks can be of inestimable value, and will truly make a difference.”
Thank you Ellen!
4. The January 24, 2016 Membership Meeting (and scheduled voting) has officially been cancelled. THE NEW MEETING DATE IS SUNDAY, JANUARY 31, 2016 at the FUUSA (the Unitarian Church at 405 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY); 5:30 pm dessert potluck, 6:00pm Membership Meeting.
All previously scheduled voting has been cancelled. There will be a financial overview of HWFC presented. There will also be an opportunity to meet with all the different committees of HWFC and learn about them and their various projects & goals, and, perhaps, make a commitment to join!
Watch for the official agenda here, when it is made public.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Grassroots Action: One HWFC member-owner individual, family, and employee at a time …we can reach every HWFC member-owner if we ALL work it.
Build Capacity: If everybody does their little bit (or a bigger bit if they can), we build our capacity day-by-day.
Have faith: It simply works!
You are the PR: Be factual, be calm, don’t attack anyone personally, and please do be impassioned about saving our member-owned, locally-owned & controlled co-operative!
This is co-operative, in action!