Posted by Laura Hagen, HWFC Member-Owner
Here are today’s Grassroots-Grows-Capacity Action Steps:
1. Read the DOL Letter! Thanks to the FOIL request of member Julie Harrell, the HWFC board’s 10/26/15 secret, hand-couriered letter to the NYS DOL is available for member-owner & public view. You can see it here: https://hwfcinfohub.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/dol-letter-full-text-via-foil/ And read analysis here: https://hwfcinfohub.wordpress.com/2015/11/25/board-message-doesnt-line-up/
2. Meet the Candidates: Save the Dates
There will be two more opportunities for HWFC member-owners to meet with candidates who are running for the HWFC board of directors.
• Sunday, November 29, 2105 from 1:00pm – 3:00 pm at HWFC
• Monday, November 30, 2015 from 4:30pm – 6:00pm at St. Sophia’s Church (this happens at the same church where the Special Membership Meeting is being held, just prior to the meeting.)
3. Elections will be held at the emergency Special Membership Meeting, being held on Monday night, November 30: meeting starts at 6:00pm. See Meeting Notice: https://hwfcinfohub.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/special-membership-meeting-11-30-2015-revised-11-16.pdf
4. Very important! Volunteers needed to tend the table and petition outdoors at HWFC on Wednesday; it will be very busy with shoppers with good opportunities to hand out meeting announcements, info sheets and this website address. The co-op is closed on Thursday, Thanksgiving Day.
Please email Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at (518) 859-6076 for updates on tabling/petitioning and to volunteer. Please leave your name & phone number.
5. Remain calm. Practice kindness. Offer to help. Thanksgiving is upon us! So, whether you are shopping or petitioning / tabling at HWFC, please be extra kind and patient with the staff – in particular – who are helping all the last minute co-op shoppers prepare for their family’s feast!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Grassroots Action: One HWFC member-owner individual, family, and employee at a time …we can reach every HWFC member-owner if we ALL work it
Build Capacity: If everybody does their little bit (or a bigger bit if they can), we build our capacity day-by-day
Have faith: It simply works!
YOU are the PR: Be factual, be calm, don’t attack anyone personally, and please do be impassioned about saving our member-owned, locally-owned & controlled co-operative!
This is co-operative, in action!