Posted by Laura Hagen, HWFC Member-Owner
Here are today’s Grassroots-Grows-Capacity Action Steps:
1. Meet the Candidates
There will be three opportunities for HWFC member-owners to meet with candidates who are running for the HWFC board of directors.
Elections will be held at the emergency Special Membership Meeting, being held on Monday night, November 30. See Meeting Notice: https://hwfcinfohub.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/special-membership-meeting-11-30-2015-revised-11-16.pdf
1. TODAY: Saturday, November 21, 2015 from 11:00am – 1:00pm at HWFC
2. Sunday, November 29, 2105 from 1:00pm – 3:00 pm at HWFC
3. Monday, November 30, 2015 from 4:30pm – 6:00pm at St. Sophia’s Church (this happens at the same church where the Special Membership Meeting is being held, just prior to the meeting.)
2. Very important! Message from Paula Weiss: Volunteers needed to tend the table this weekend at HWFC, which will be a very busy shopping weekend. We will have a brand new handout – hot off the press – which responds to staff questions & concerns. Also, we’ll have applications from 6 board candidates for people to consider.
Please email me, email@example.com to volunteer. Please leave your name & phone number.
Thank You!! Together we can make this happen!
3. Those bright orange t-shirts are being worn around the co-op by member-owners who are working. It’s our way of communicating by putting our backs into it! Thank you to the anonymous member-owner donor!
If you want a t-shirt, stop by our table at HWFC: free to working-member owners! First come, first serve! Only rule: you must agree to wear when holding down your shift at the co-op.
4. Brand New PR Slogan! We working member-owners are the proud owners of our own, shiny new PR slogan. Check it out! It was created for free, no expensive Strategic PR blokes being paid thousands! Works while chanting. Test it out when confronted with possible removal of your right to work at our co-operative:
Our right to work, maintains our right to vote!
That is all.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Grassroots Action: One HWFC member-owner individual, family, and employee at a time …we can reach every HWFC member-owner if we ALL work it
Build Capacity: If everybody does their little bit (or a bigger bit if they can), we build our capacity day-by-day
Have faith: It simply works!
You are the PR: Be factual, be calm, don’t attack anyone personally, and please do be impassioned about saving our member-owned, locally-owned & controlled co-operative!
This is co-operative, in action!