Posted by Laura Hagen, HWFC Member-Owner
Here are today’s Grassroots-Grows-Capacity Action Steps:
1. The Special Membership Meeting (SMM) called for by HWFC member-owners is a go on Monday, November 30 from 4:30-6:00pm (Meet the Candidates) and 6:00-9:00pm (meeting). Here is the formal meeting announcement: https://hwfcinfohub.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/special-membership-meeting-11-30-2015-revised-11-16.pdf
2. Please Save the Date in your family calendars immediately! This is not a convenient date, however, the issues being decided upon are urgent & important. Please make every effort to attend the meeting and vote.
Make sure your work hours are current and you are eligible to vote. Members may share work hours. Contact Morgaen Hansen, Member-Owner Services, at HWFC at 482-2667 for help. If you have problems, let us know;
3. Please personally call all the HWFC member-owners whom you know and make sure they have the meeting announcement, this website, and that their info is on our email blast list, here: https://hwfcinfohub.wordpress.com/get-connected/
4. The official announcement about our Special Membership Meeting (SMM) went out to our email blast list, was posted to this member-owner HWFCInfohub website, and was posted to our google-groups list, shortly after noon yesterday.
As of this morning, the official SMM announcement had not yet been posted to the HWFC website. I have been told that SMM info will be up at the HWFC website today (the Notice, the Candidates, the Meet the Candidates event schedule) and that by midnight tonight an Inside Scoop will be sent;
5. We are working with HWFC board/staff to insure that SMM materials are sent to all member-owners via snail mail. I have no update, as of this morning, save that the snail mail mailing is in process;
6. We have an URGENT need for volunteers. Please email Paula Weiss at firstname.lastname@example.org; provide your name, phone number, HWFC member number and when you are available.
Every day, I will post info about where / how volunteers are needed;
7. We have an URGENT need for member-owner volunteers to man/woman the table located at HWFC by the Juice & Java Bar. As of now, simply show up at the table when you are free. There are materials behind the Help Desk in a bag. We are working on getting materials printed through HWFC.
Please bring several photocopies of the SMM meeting announcement with you.
This is a grassroots effort. Please be respectful when you speak to fellow member-owners who approach the table and simply update them, to the best of your ability. Kindness always works!
There is a clipboard with blank contact sheets. Please ask each member-owner if they want to be contacted via our email blast list. Have the member-owners whom you speak with then add their info to this list;
8. You may see bright orange t-shirts being worn by member-owners at HWFC. The shirts say, “Proud Owner-Worker HWFC Let’s chat!” An HWFC member-owner donated 200 to the cause (I don’t have permission to reveal who, at the moment!) If you want a t-shirt we are looking into having more made and charging cost. Sign up at the SMM table at HWFC with your name, email, phone and member #. We’ll be in touch;
9. Please understand & reflect: the emergency Special Membership Meeting (SMM) is calling for votes to overhaul – in total – the entire board and management structure of the Honest Weight Food Co-operative. The member-owner petitioners who called for these actions are in need of the help of any and all HWFC member-owners who are, in any way, in support of these actions.
This is a serious moment for our co-operative and one which requires member-owners to step up to the plate, to the best of their ability. Please remember: This is our member-owned, locally-owned & controlled co-operative! Let’s keep it that way!
Therefore, please offer to help and lend a hand! Today’s action is to volunteer to sit at the SMM table at HWFC at any time (and during the next 13 days, starting today…)
That is all.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.
Grassroots Action: One HWFC member-owner individual, family, and employee at a time …we can reach every HWFC member-owner if we ALL work it
Build Capacity: If everybody does their little bit (or a bigger bit if they can), we build our capacity day-by-day
Have faith: It simply works!
You are the PR: Be factual, be calm, don’t attack anyone personally, and please do be impassioned about saving our member-owned, locally-owned & controlled co-operative!
This is co-operative, in action!