Submitted by Chris Colarusso
Member-owner and weekly worker
October 31, 2015
To all Member/Owners of the Honest Weight Food Coop
1. October 23, 2015 HWFC posted a note on Coop Bulletin Board giving notice stating, in part, the following: “At last week’s Board meeting, we voted to end floor and administrative member work by January 1, 2016.”
2. October 24, 2015 Petition of 5% of Member Owners completed and submitted to HWFC Board President and Board Secretary to call a Special Membership Meeting.
3. October 25, 2015 Letter of Acknowledgement from the Board necessitating calling the Meeting.
4. October 26, 2015 Emergency GRC Meeting Called. As a result of that emergency meeting and in conformance with Bylaws Section 470.2.e., we hereby notify the Board of Directors that the GRC has concluded that the Board has exceeded its authority under the Bylaws and as delegated by the Membership in making this decision and announcement without final approval by the Membership. See Bylaws Section 330.1. and Section 330.5, particularly a. and b thereunder. Membership has ultimate authority and responsibility for the operation of HWFC. Accordingly we determined that the Board lacks any authority to change or eliminate the Member Labor Program without a vote of the membership. (see, Bylaws Section 330.1. and Section 330.5, particularly subsections (a) and (b)).
5. October 31, 2015 Organization of Members who will facilitate and run the meeting is ongoing and information will be shared asap. We are planning a pot luck supper before the meeting. Date/Time/Location to be announced soon.
Concerned Member Owners of the Honest Weight Food Coop
Go here for updated information: https://hwfcinfohub.wordpress.com/